2022 Chinese Government Scholarship－Chinese University Program
Chinese Government Scholarship - Chinese University Program is a full scholarship set up by China’s Ministry of Education to support excellent international students to study Master’s or Doctoral programs.
Exempt from tuition fee；
Provide free on-campus accommodation；
Provide comprehensive medical insurance；
Monthly living allowance:
3,000 RMB/month for Master’s degree students;
3,500 RMB/month for Doctoral degree students.
Application Deadline: March 31st，2022
1. The Applicant must be a foreign citizen, in good physical and mental health, with excellent subject background, professional competence and development potential. Applicants who are already in China should be fresh graduates.
2. Education and Age Requirements:
Master’s degree applicants shall be a bachelor’s degree holder, under 35 years old.
Doctoral degree applicants shall be a Master’s degree holder, under 40 years old.
3. Language proficiency requirements:
Applicants whose native language is not English need to provide ①score report of English language proficiency test (a score above IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL Internet-based 80 or equivalent), or ②a certificate from former university that the previous degree is taught in English, or ③a certificate indicating the applicants have studied in an English-speaking country for more than one year.
Applicants for Chinese-taught programs need to provide score report of HSK level 4 (≥180).
4. Applicants should not be holding any other scholarships.
1. Three English-taught master programs in Architecture, Urban Planning and Landscape Architecture
2. Three English-taught doctoral programs in Architecture, Urban Planning and Landscape Architecture
Application Procedure and Documents
Step 1: CSC online application
Create an account and fill in the application form on the website of China Scholarship Council at http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/. Choose program Type B. The agency number of Chongqing University is 10611.
Step 2: CQU online application
Create and activate an account in CQU’s online application system at https://cqu.17gz.org/member/login.do. Fill in the application form and upload required supporting documents. Pay the application fee (400 RMB, non-refundable) online and submit the application. Applicants can pay through:
① online payment system: Only applicable to applicants who are already in China, paying by WeChat, Alipay or bank card;
② bank transfer (remark your application number on the transfer voucher and send the copy to firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP): the account information is as follows,
Beneficiary: Chongqing University
A/C No.: 310 002 410 900 894 853 6
Beneficiary Bank: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Chongqing Branch
Add.: 2nd/F, 45 Lin Jiang Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing, China, 400010
Swift Code: ICBKCNBJCQG
TLX: 62250 ICBIS CN / 62106 ICBQA CN
Admission and Notification
1. Chongqing University conducts review, organizes interviews and provide Pre-admission Letter to candidates to be recommended, and then submits the Candidate Recommendation List to the China Scholarship Council.
2. CSC makes final review of the candidates’ academic performance, comprehensive quality and development potential, and decide the final list of scholarship winners.
3. Chongqing University notifies the scholarship winners of the admission results, and sends the admission documents to scholarship winners.
1. Students granted with Chinese government scholarship are not eligible for other scholarships (excluding one-off awards) offered by Chinese governments at all levels and universities at the same time. Anyone found will be disqualified for the scholarship eligibility and required to return the received scholarship. For those who deliberately conceal their financial support, in addition to disqualification, they will not be allowed to apply for CSC for the next three years.
2. The application documents uploaded should be complete, clear, true and correct. Incomplete documents or application without payment will not be processed. Neither modification nor supplementary document shall be made upon submission.
3. Applicants are advised to check your registered email regularly, as the admission officer will inform all updates, arrange interviews and notify application status and scholarship result via email.
4. Final result is subject to the approval list of CSC.
More information, please visit http://study.cqu.edu.cn/info/1387/1895.htm